Free if you meet the eligibility criteria (click here for details) and if you complete the course (click here for details of our terms and conditions)
In the hospitality sector, staff are often the forefront of the business and first impressions are vital. This course covers how to communicate effectively, the importance of teamwork and food hygiene. Legislation and regulations relating to customer service as well as professional standards and personal development are also covered.
Who is the course suitable for?
The programme is ideal for learners looking to gain the underpinning knowledge and understanding to achieve excellence in the level of customer service they provide.
You do not need to have any formal qualifications in order to follow this course, but you will need to need to demonstrate commitment and motivation to work through the specially prepared distance-learning materials.
How is the course delivered?
Candidates work through the course materials for the programme at times convenient to them, so there is no need to attend the college to gain the qualification. The learning materials contain the knowledge needed to meet the assessment requirements of the course and activities to allow candidates to practice their skills and test their learning. Assessments are based on a combination of knowledge and skills learned on the programme and work-based activities and experience. This course is available online or paper based. Learners should complete the course within 12 weeks.
The course will cover the following areas and consists of two modules:
- Workbook 1: Principles of Customer Service in the Hospitality Sector and Understand Effective Teamwork in the Hospitality Sector.
- Workbook 2: Understand Legislation and Guidance Relevant to the Hospitality Sector and Understand Professional Personal Standards in the Hospitality Sector.
This qualification supports further learning such as:
- Hospitality/catering apprenticeships at intermediate and advanced level. Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership.
- Level 3 Certificate in Retail Knowledge.
- Level 3 Certificate in Professional Development for Hospitality and Tourism Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality
Course Number (please note for application form): N3TPY