For any questions on this particular course please email: email@example.com. If you wish to apply click the button below.
The Introduction to Packet Tracer is a 10-hour self-paced course highlights the basic features of the simulation tool for new users and how to use the package to include, connect, and program IoT devices into a network. 10 hours duration.
Who is the course suitable for?
This self-paced course is designed for beginners with no prior networking knowledge
Basic knowledge of computing and keyboard skills.
How is the course delivered?
Candidates use an online learning platform without the need to attend the college to gain this qualification. Guided online learning materials contain the information required to meet assessment criteria, and activities allow candidates to practice the skills and knowledge gained throughout each unit of the course. A series of short and lively videos will guide users through the steps to create new networks, modify existing networks, and verify device connectivity within the network. Short labs that follow the videos in each section are an integral component to the learning process.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Explain the function and installation of Packet Tracer.
- Create a simple simulated network using Packet Tracer.
- Investigate network functionality using simulation mode.
- Investigate the Packet Tracer physical view.
- Identify different uses of Packet Tracer.
- Configure IoT devices in Packet Tracer.
- Connect and control IoT devices to a network using a Home Gateway and a Registration Server.
- Modify the environmental conditions within a Packet Tracer physical container.
- Create and Program Objects in Packet Tracer.
Practical networking courses in Nescot Hardware labs.
This course is designed and hosted by an external company not affiliated with Nescot. As such, we take no responsibility for the performance of the product, its appropriateness, accuracy, reliability, or correctness.