Free if you meet the eligibility criteria (click here for details) and if you complete the course (click here for details of our terms and conditions)
The purpose of the Level 2 Certificate in Cyber Security is to provide learners with sector awareness. It will do this by introducing the knowledge and understanding in roles and issues relating to Cyber Security. The secondary purpose is to act as a steppingstone that will lead learners into studying Cyber Security at a higher level.
Who is the course suitable for?
The target learner for this qualification will be an individual looking to gain a greater understanding or build upon their existing knowledge of Cyber Security issues. This will likely be with a view to studying the subject at a higher level and/or seeking employment in a Cyber Security related role
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- Learners must be aged 16 or above. There are no specific entry requirements for the qualification, however a Level 1 or a Level 2 in IT would be advantageous.
- Must not be on an apprenticeship
How is the course delivered?
Candidates work through the course material for the programme on the learning platform, so there is no need to attend the college to gain the qualification. The learning material provided contains the knowledge needed to meet the assessment requirements of the course.
Learners should aim to complete the course within 12 weeks of enrolment.
This is a competency and knowledge-based qualification which is internally assessed and externally quality assured.
To be awarded this qualification, learners are required to successfully complete all six mandatory units.
The aim of the qualification is to enable learners to:
- Introduction to cyber security
- Understand terminology used in cyber security
- Understand legal and ethical aspects of cyber security
- Understand common threats to cyber security
- Understand methods of maintaining cyber security
- Working with others in cyber security
Successful learners can progress to other qualifications such as:
- Level 3 Certificate in Cyber Security Practices
• Level 3 Diploma in IT User Skills
• Level 3 Award in Cyber Security Leadership
• Level 3 Foundation Technical Level IT: Cyber Security