Free if you meet the eligibility criteria (click here for details) and if you complete the course (click here for details of our terms and conditions)
The Level 2 Diploma in Skills for Business aims to provide learners with formal recognition of their performance in the workplace. It aims to provide learners with an understanding of the essential skills required to work in a business environment. It will give the learner the opportunity to develop the skills required to manage and improve their own performance whilst achieving an understanding of current work practices.
Who is the course suitable for?
This qualification is designed for learners who are working in a business administration role within any sector or industry. It is ideal for those who are new to the role or who already have experience of office-based skills.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification although learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification. Some of the practical aspects of the course are assessed via observation and as such, you will need to be working in an administrative role in order to complete this qualification.
How is the course delivered?
The course is a mixture of knowledge and competence based assessment where the learner will be assessed and graded on their ability to competently perform a range of tasks connected with their work. The programme is delivered in the workplace and each candidate will maintain a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate achievement of all the assessment criteria associated with each unit. Candidates will receive individual guidance and support throughout the programme.
To be awarded the Level 2 Diploma, learners must achieve a minimum of 6 units (a minimum of 48 credits) from a choice of 10 optional units:
- Unit 1: Business culture and responsibilities (8 credits)
- Unit 2: Deliver customer service in a business environment (8 credits)
- Unit 3: Produce documents in a business environment (8 credits)
- Unit 4: Solve problems in a business environment (8 credits)
- Unit 5: Work with others in a business environment (8 credits)
- Unit 6: Communicate in a business environment (8 credits)
- Unit 7: Contribute to running a project (8 credits)
- Unit 8: Innovation in a business environment (8 credits)
- Unit 9: Manage and improve own performance in a business environment (8 credits)
- Unit 10: Respond to change in a business environment (8 credits)
By undertaking this programme, candidates will be able to further their own continuous professional development, which may improve their career prospects, or progress on to higher level studies.