The cost of the course is £875.
Payment for the course can be made direct either by the learner or employer. Alternatively, an Advanced Learner Loan may be available to help learners aged 19 and over to pay for the course costs.
If you wish to apply via the button below, no payment or commitment will be required at this point (we’ll get in touch about payment details).
The Level 3 Diploma in Skills for Business aims to provide learners with formal recognition of their performance in the workplace. It aims to provide learners with an understanding of the essential skills required to work in a business environment. It will also enable the learner to develop skills in a range of areas relevant to business administration such as problem solving, communication and project management.
Who is the course suitable for?
This qualification is designed for learners who are working in a business administration role within any sector or industry. It is ideal for those who already have experience of office-based skills.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification although learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 2 qualification. Some of the practical aspects of the course are assessed via observation and as such, you will need to be working in an administrative role in order to complete this qualification.
How is the course delivered?
The course is a mixture of knowledge and competence based assessment where the learner will be assessed and graded on their ability to competently perform a range of tasks connected with their work. The programme is delivered in the workplace and each candidate will maintain a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate achievement of all the assessment criteria associated with each unit. Candidates will receive individual guidance and support throughout the programme.
To be awarded the Level 3 Diploma, learners must achieve a minimum of 6 units (a minimum of 60 credits) from a choice of 10 optional units:
- Unit 1: Business culture and responsibilities (10 credits)
- Unit 2: Deliver customer service in a business environment (10 credits)
- Unit 3: Produce documents in a business environment (10 credits)
- Unit 4: Solve problems in a business environment (10 credits)
- Unit 5: Work with others in a business environment (10 credits)
- Unit 6: Communicate in a business environment (10 credits)
- Unit 7: Contribute to running a project (10 credits)
- Unit 8: Innovation in a business environment (10 credits)
- Unit 9: Manage and improve own performance in a business environment (10 credits)
- Unit 10: Respond to change in a business environment (10 credits)
- Progression opportunities:
By undertaking this programme, candidates will be able to further their own continuous professional development, which may improve their career prospects, or progress on to higher level studies. This qualification has UCAS points.