The cost of the course is £875.
Payment for the course can be made direct either by the learner or employer. Funding, concessions or loans may be available to help learners pay for the course. Please email email@example.com for details of eligibility (please make sure you mention the course you are applying for).
If you wish to apply via the button below, no payment or commitment will be required at this point (we’ll get in touch about payment details).
The qualification is designed to develop the knowledge and skills required when working with children and young people from birth to 19 years of age. It is relevant to a wide range of job roles in early years and social care settings and is suitable for learners who are working or want to work at a supervisory level in the Children and Young People’s Workforce.
Who is the course suitable for?
Learners must achieve a minimum of 65 credits: 27 credits from the Mandatory Unit Group, all units in one selected pathway:
Early Learning and Children (22 credits) or
Social Care (13 credits) or
Learning, Development and Support (13 credits).
Prior to enrolling on this level 3 course, all learners must have completed the level 2 Introduction to caring for children and young people. A work placement is also required to complete the skills-based units.
How is the course delivered?
The course is delivered via distance learning, supported by a range of interactive online resources. Work is assessed by the tutor throughout the course from induction to completion.
MANDATORY UNITS (22 weeks to complete).
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Promote communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Support Children and Young People’s Health and Safety
- Develop Positive Relationship with Children, Young People and Others Involved in Their Care
- Working Together for the Benefit of Children and Young People
- Understand Child and Young Person Development.
- Understand How to Support Positive Outcomes for Children and Young People
- Promote Child and Young Person Development
- Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
EARLY LEARNING & CHILDREN (8 weeks to complete)
- Context and Principles for Early Years Provision
- Develop interviewing skills for work with children and young people
- Lead and manage community based early years settings.
- Professional practice in early years settings.
SOCIAL CARE (16 weeks to complete)
- Professional practice in children and young people’s social care
- Support children and young people to have positive relationships
- Support the referral process for children and young people
- Understand the speech, language and communication needs of children and young people with behavioural, social and emotional difficulties
- Support young people who are looked after or are leaving care
- Support young people who are involved in antisocial and/or criminal activities
- Support young people with mental health problems
- Support young people who are socially excluded or excluded from school
LEARNING, DEVELOPMENT & SUPPORT (12 weeks to complete)
- Professional Practice in learning, development and support services
- Promote learning and development in the early years
- Promote positive behaviour
- Support children and young people to achieve their education potential
- Support children and young people to achieve their learning potential
- Support children and young people to make positive changes in their lives
Course Number (please note for application form): FCN3TUY