The cost of the course is £875.
Payment for the course can be made direct either by the learner or employer. Funding, concessions or loans may be available to help learners pay for the course. Please email email@example.com for details of eligibility (please make sure you mention the course you are applying for).
If you wish to apply via the button below, no payment or commitment will be required at this point (we’ll get in touch about payment details).
This qualification provides learners with an understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children and young people in school and college environments. It covers all aspects of specialist support, including elements including children and young people’s development, safeguarding their welfare, and communication and professional relationships.
The aims of the course:
- To focus on the study of the supporting teaching and learning
- Offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge
- Provides opportunities to acquire a number of practical and technical skills.
- Provide learners with knowledge and skills needed to work in a school or college environment
- Provide a steppingstone into further learning within the sector
Who is the course suitable for?
This qualification may be right for learners who would like to gain further knowledge and understanding needed when working directly with children and young people in a school or college environment. This course is designed to introduce learners to the Supporting Teaching & Learning sector. This should support learners in identifying their interests within the sector to support their progression to further training or qualifications, and/or into employment. It is also suitable for those who are either working in the schools and colleges field or for those who are thinking working in the sector.
As learners need to show competence in both skills and knowledge, they will need to be working or be on a practical placement during the duration of the taught programme of study, in a learning environment (school or college). This must be the minimum of 100 hours.
Learners should have the necessary foundations to undertake the programme of study at level 3. This should include related Level 2 subjects of Support Work in Schools and Supporting Teaching & Learning and/or a foundation of formal qualifications such as appropriate Level 2 standard in English, so you can access resources and complete the unit assignments. You will also need to demonstrate commitment and motivation to work through the specially prepared distance-learning materials. Learners will be required to carry out work experience as part of the course programme. As part of the entry requirements learners will also be required to complete the initial assessment for digital skills and assignment writing.
How is the course delivered?
Learners work through the course materials for the programme through distance learning, therefore, there is no need to attend the college to gain the qualification. The course is delivered using different methods to meet the learning objectives.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
- Understand schools and colleges as organisations
- Support health and safety in a learning environment
- Understand how to safeguard children and young people
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Understand how children and young people develop
- Support positive behaviour in children and young people
- Support children and young people during learning activities
- Support English and Maths skills
- Support the use of ICT in the learning environment
- Support assessment for learning
- Engage in personal and professional development
- Support children and young people’s speech, language, and communication
- Understand how to support bilingual learners
- Understand how to support learning of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities
- Support children and young people during transitions
- Support the role of play, leisure and extra-curricular activities for children and young people
The qualification aims to provide a sound preparation for further study and access to a range of vocational qualifications, including level 2 Learning Support, level 3 Award in Education and Training & Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training, level 3 & 4 Assessing Quality Assurance/ Internal Quality Assurance.
Course Number (please note for application form): FCN3TUA